Sunday, December 15, 2013

B and J’s 3rd Birthday Party

We had to celebrate Brecken and Joelle's 3rd birthday in style.  Last year they had a horrible cold and we had to cancel their party.  Knock on wood, we haven't gotten sick yet.  Brecken wanted a train cake and Joelle wanted a Tangled cake.  She hasn't even seen the movie..

The start of B's train cake.  I did this during nap-time and had Eric assist me.  It's a good thing he did or we would have had some "attention to detail" issues.  He informed me what a RR track actually looks like.  I put parchment paper on top of my graham crackers because I had horrific visions of setting my cake on the graham's and it getting soggy and falling.
079

The finished product.  Eric had lots to say about my OCD lining up of the gummy bears.  None of which is internet appropriate.
085

The finished product of Joelle's Tangled cake.  I really had no idea how I was going to do it.  Then I decided to use her little doll and make a tower.  The tower base is made up of rice krispie treats and the top is a cone dipped in pink chocolate.
082080






















Cousins at the party;)
106

Crazy Kobe;)
109

Presents!
114

Joelle got some princess stuff that she is obsessed with and they both received lots of kitchen items for their new store.
120117























Joelle and the cute little baby she got.  She is in love with it.  Except she takes the baby out of the pea pod and then can't get it back in.  And then gets mad.  So that's fun.
128

Cakes again.
129

Lighting of the candles..
131

Doesn't Adelyn do a great job singing?!
135

And Brecken does a great job spitting.
137

139

He also thought it would be completely necessary to decorate his face with frosting.  Don't go cross-eyed there, little buddy.
145

Joelle doesn't do so well without a nap...she promptly fell asleep in all her cute princess glory.
147

So thankful for all our family members who were able to make the trip to celebrate with us.  We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment