Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Attempt 1, Day 1::Potty Training Joelle

Iamagluttonforpunishment.  I know.  
Joelle always tells us when she poops.  Lately, she's taken it to a new level.  Anytime she farts..or THINKS she has to poop, she will whine about it and tell me about it until it actually happens.  After a couple days of this I got real sick of it.  I put her in undies and said if you want to complain about something, complain about potty-training.  Oohh boy.  That girl is one stubborn individual.  She loooves to sit on the toilet.  But she REFUSES to go on it.
I put her in undies at 10:00 on Tuesday, brought her to the bathroom every time she asked (which was every 5 seconds).  We had books in the bathroom, we sang songs, I told her I would dance if she peed.  Nothing.  The second I start making lunch (around 12:00) she peed.  And she didn't pee a lot either.  She made a little puddle and freaked out about her mess.  I cleaned it up.  We made it to nap time.  I put a pull-up on her.  Of course it was soaked.  After nap, we continued our tradition of sitting (but not peeing) on the toilet until supper time.  Cue the pee.  I started making supper and she was playing trains.  She proceeded to pee down our furnace grate.  Again, not a ton, just enough for her to freak out about a "mess."  She had one more minor accident after dinner and that was that.  
Enter Wednesday.  She was in undies from the moment she woke up.  Which was about 9.  We went to the bathroom 345,293 times...no pee.  Eric came home at noon so I could run Brecken to the doctor.  I think I had left for 20 minutes when Eric sent me a text "She peed all over the floor."  I got two more of these texts, while at the doctors office.  I got home and Eric informed me "She is NOT ready."  I said "who holds it for 3 hours, anyways?!  How is that not ready?!"  Alas, I couldn't take it.  She was refusing to go on the toilet and I hate cleaning urine up off the floor.  We tried for 24 hours.
Someotherday.
February2013 397

No comments:

Post a Comment