Wednesday, March 6, 2013

John Ball Zoo. Winter Edition.

John Ball Zoo opened March 1.  In case you didn't know.  I keep track of these things.  They don't let me out of the house often.  We quickly scheduled a trip to go.  Tiff and Joy joined us.  We asked Krista to go.  Her kids said it was too cold.  Ha.  I wasn't planning on using the stroller because the kids had all their snow gear on.  We used it pretty sparingly at the end of the year, last year, so I figured I would give it a go completely solo.  It went surprisingly well.  We got out of our cars and started walking and I hollered "No stroller!  Woohoo!"  It's the little things that excite me.


Every zoo trip begins at the bald eagles.
March2013 025

Inside the chimp/amphibian house.  I got lots of pictures of the kids backs today..
March2013 029

Brecken and Ben inspecting one of the Spider Monkeys..
March2013 032

Waiting for "The Wave..."
March2013 033

"The Wave!!!!"
March2013 035

Pretty starfish.  Adelyn was enthralled with them.
March2013 038

William, Joelle and Rachel petting a goat.  They had the petting zoo locked, so we couldn't go in, but we still managed to pet through the fence :)
March2013 044

Little B and Jojo
March2013 047

Pretty lady.  She complained about her legs hurting the.whole.time.  Which isn't anything new.  Growing pains?!
March2013 051

 3 little goats.  I want goats.
March2013 053

4 pretty ladies
March2013 056

March2013 058

                               Ha!                                                                         This girl LOVES animals.
March2013 067 March2013 074























We had left her behind, at the petting zoo, and we were by the owls...which isn't too far away, fyi.  She tried to walk on top of a snow covered curb and ended up falling into a ditch.  We all laughed at her.  She, surprisingly, wasn't crying.  Just yelled "No cheese!!!" at me when I came to get her with the camera.  I'm going to give her a complex...
March2013 084

 The sea otters.  They finally got the lone otter a partner.  So cute.
March2013 085

The ape house should be named "Very Inappropriate Ape House."  The things we saw were...umm...very inappropriate.   Every time we go there, and I see the apes IN the ape house, I always cringe.  We are bound to see something disturbing AND I feel like I have to be ready to run for it because they get all "Planet of the Ape" like.  Creepy.

Grandfather ape.
March2013 090

 Tiff was the ape whisperer today.  If you look closely you will notice the ape is making kissing lips.  Hil.ar.ious.
March2013 093

Mister Ape smiling at Rachel
March2013 094

                                                                                                 Stuck his fingers in his butt, smelled       them and licked them.  Repetitively.  I can
Doing "knuckles" with Tiff.                                                        not even make this stuff up.          
March2013 096 March2013 098

















 






Love these kiddos.  Why can't they always be so sweet?!
March2013 102

March2013 108

Yes, we had a picnic in the snow.  It wasn't THAT cold.  Tiff is pointing to "something" in the trees.  So everyone would look.
March2013 114


 What I got to listen to on the way home.  Because she didn't have her paci.  And, yes, that is a booger on her cheek.
March2013 123

No comments:

Post a Comment