Thursday, June 14, 2012

Neapolitan Rice Krispy Treats

I came across this recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked so fun to do with Adelyn.  I made a few changes because I'm cheap and didn't want to buy extra things.  It calls for Cocoa Krispies for the chocolate layer and instead of spending $4 for a box of cereal that no one would eat the rest of I just added some cocoa powder to the marshmallow mixture.  I only had half a bag of strawberry marshmallows left so I made up the difference with regular marshmallows and added a couple drops of red food coloring.  Adelyn had so much and we all love Rice Krispies so it was a win win :)

       Adelyn mixing the pink layer                                                      Showing off the finished product!
 
We took our treats outside so the super sticky mess would be contained to out there.  I'm smart like that.
Sampling!

 Mr. B wasn't so sure about the rice krispies.  Then he took a real bite and discovered there was sugar in it.

Jojo loved hers!

They were so good!  So good that I ended up sending the leftovers with Eric to work because I was eating to many.  Definitely one for the recipe box.

No comments:

Post a Comment