Tuesday, July 1, 2014

bUmPdate::38 weeks

The difference between 37 weeks and 38 weeks.  Crazy how much I dropped.  Even though it doesn't really feel like it.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to give birth to the world's longest baby....or the largest one.  I asked the doc, today, how big she thought it would be and she said that moms usually have a better guess than the doc.  I said I felt like it was going to be a whale.  She said wellll maybe not that big.  Her guess was 8lbs.  And then I cried ;)  Not really but I would prefer 7.

[012%255B3%255D.jpg]002

Highlights:: 
How far along:: 38 weeks, measuring 38 weeks.  Dilated to *almost* a 2 and at a negative 2 station.  Definitely an improvement from last week ;)
Heartbeat::130's
Clothes:: I can tell the baby has started dropping.  I find my belly peeking out of my shirts more and more ;)
Weight Gain:: 32lbs
Movement::  Definitely.
Symptoms:: I've developed a pregnancy rash.  Prurigo.  Imagine mosquito bites all over.  So that's awesome.  They are sticking mainly to my legs...so far.  Hopefully it stays that way.
What I miss: Clothes.  Bending over.
Cravings:: Fruit.  Cookies.  Vegetables.
Best moments this week::  Term next week.  Bam.
 
What I am looking forward to:: Meeting this baby!
Names:: 2 boy names, 1 girl name.
Funny Moments:: Every single morning Joelle races into our room and asks if the baby came yet.  If only it were that easy ;)
Adelyn told me she wanted to have 2 boys and 2 girls when she gets older.  Then she said all she really wants is a healthy baby.  She told me allllll about how she is SO excited to help with our baby and a dog.  I said maybe we can do a baby first.  She said that's a good idea.  Maybe we will get a dog when I am a bit older.  Like when I turn 16.  I said sounds great.  She is such a sweet girl.   

 

 I found this list of things that say boy or girl so I highlighted ones that were applicable and crossed out ones that weren't....and took out ones that were inappropriate.

 You're more likely to be carrying a boy if...

  • Your baby's heartbeat is lower than 140 beats per minute.
  • You're carrying all out front.
  • You're carrying low.
  • You're blooming in pregnancy.
  • You didn't suffer from morning sickness in your first trimester.
  • You look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute and your pupils dilate.
  • You crave salty food or protein, such as cheese and meat.
  • Your skin becomes dry.
  • You combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is even.
  • Your hair has become more full-bodied and shiny during pregnancy.
  • The hair on your legs has been growing faster during pregnancy.
  • You are more prone to headaches.
  • Your pillow faces north when you sleep.
  • You're asked to show your hands and you present them palms down.
  • You lie on your left side when sleeping.
  • Your urine is bright yellow.
  • You eat a clove of garlic and the smell seeps out of your pores.
  • Your previous child's first word was "dada".
  • In ultrasound pictures, you notice that your baby has a sloping forehead and a squared lower jaw. This is called skull theory, and many mums swear by it!

You're more likely to be having a girl if...

  • Your baby's heartbeat is faster than 140 beats per minute.
  • You're carrying all round.
  • You're carrying high.
  • You've missed the "blooming" period altogether.
  • You suffered morning sickness during your first 12 weeks-does gluten sickness count??
  • You look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute, but your pupils don't dilate.
  • You crave sweet things, such as juice, fruit and sweets.
  • Your skin is soft.
  • You are more moody than usual.
  • You're asked to show your hands and you present them palms up.
  • You eat a clove of garlic, but you don't smell of it.
  • You combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is odd.
  • Your hair has become thinner and dull during pregnancy.
  • You lie on your right side when sleeping.
  • Your pillow faces south when you sleep.
  • Your urine is dull yellow.
  • Your previous child's first word was "mama".
  • In ultrasound pictures, your baby's lower jaw is rounded and the top of the head is tapered. This is called skull theory, and some mums believe it's very accurate.
Also, the Chinese calendar says boy.  5 of the above for boy, 7 for girl.  Again, who knows ;);)

No comments:

Post a Comment