Sunday, July 27, 2014

Daddy’s Birfday

Daddy's birthday dawned bright and early with eggs, toast, bacon, sausage and oj.  The day continued on with yummy toasted sandwiches for lunch.  Chicken, beans and potatoes topped off dinner.  I made his favorite brownies for dessert.  We don't really do presents for the adults at our house.  When there are things we want during the year, we typically just buy them (when the money tree is flourishing. ha.).  We did pick up some of Daddy's favorite candies, though.

My family cracks me up.
046


Seriously.
050047























Daddy took the kids to some trails and they collected pinecones for a cool project he wanted to do with them.  He did the "dangerous" prep work after they were in bed.
052

Then we had a fire on Thursday night.  I'm not sure what this color was supposed to be but there were supposed to be yellow and green flames based on the chemicals {borax and baking soda} on the pine cones.
IMG_20140724_195319

We just had a fire at someone's house and they were laughing at the fact that my children wear sunglasses to a fire.  When I explained why {to keep the smoke out of their eyes} they then thought I was ingenious ;)
IMG_20140724_203122

Little love bugs.
IMG_20140724_203604


Believe it or not Lincoln's face IS NOT covered by the blanket.
IMG_20140724_204659

I had arranged with my mom, a while back, to take the 3 oldest for Friday and Saturday.  I thought it would be nice for Eric and I to get to do a couple of things together for his birthday since he didn't really get much in celebration this year...other than a baby;)
My mom came to pick the kids up in the morning and Lincoln and I headed out to do some blueberry picking-before they were all gone!  Some sweet older ladies were asking about the baby in the carrier and when I said he was only a week old they offered to pick berries for me.  I said I would be fine but they insisted and ended up picking me a bucket of berries.  So sweet.  We chatted about kids the whole time.
IMG_20140725_134821


L in the car after picking.  He was 45 minutes over his time frame for eating.  I'd say he likes the Ergo.
IMG_20140725_140720

I'm pretty certain this is exactly how his feet were in the womb.  He does this all.the.time.
IMG_20140725_153552

I had plans to go to Grand Haven at night for dinner.  We had just gotten into GH when we saw a big billboard for the Coast Guard Festival.  We both looked at each other and said oh dear.  We called the restaurant we were going to go too...1 hour wait.  Yeah.  No.  So we head back to Holland.  We get Crust 54 to go and were going to eat in the little park by Coldstone and it was closed for a private event.  I have never EVER seen it closed before.  So we head to the beach.  My GF crust was the WORST it has ever been.  It was terrible.  {We ran into one of the girls from Crust 54 later and she very sweetly asked us how our dinner was.  I told her about my crust and asked if there was a new cook.  She confirmed.  And also said she would mention it to the owner.  Love local businesses}
We decided to eat dinner at the {freezing cold} beach and watch the sunset.  We then headed home to have a TV marathon.
IMG_20140725_211129


In the morning, I had made a tee time for Eric for golfing at he Lynx.  Lincoln and I went with and rode on the cart.  I surprised him with it and the only things I forgot to bring was his socks.  I will count that as a win.
Lincoln and Daddy on the course.  Lincoln hates hats.  Can you tell?  HATES.
IMG_20140726_110323
IMG_20140726_110332























Momma and LJ.  He pretty much did this the whole time.  Except for when he was eating ;)
IMG_20140726_120540
I think Eric managed to have a pretty good birthday weekend despite being woken up by a newborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment