Monday, June 13, 2016

Strawberry Picking

Monday morning, you know, the morning after we drove 17 hours, I decided to go strawberry picking.  Because it was peak berry season.  And I can not miss it.  ;)

We tried Beard's this year.  The berries were 50 cents cheaper a pound.  So I felt like it was worth it.  But then the ladies were really rude.  Apparently this is not uncommon.  But the berries are beautiful.  So.  I don't know where I will go next year.  Haha.

I had these two beauties helping me.  They do actually help!  People don't believe me, but it's true.  We picked 87 pounds.  Hopefully they last us until next June.  We have never made it before but last year I "only" picked 50 pounds.  We may have better luck this year.
 



Fresh strawberry pie.  So good.


No comments:

Post a Comment