Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium/Day 5

We headed to the Aquarium today.  It's one of our favorite aquariums.

Everyone loving the selfie stick.  

Everyone HAS to take a turn sitting on the frog.
 


Auntie and her twin.   Although, he doesn't look a ton like her here.  When he'smiling?  He looks just like her.

The otters are soooo cool.



The touch tank

Sting Rays

Lincoln attempting to touch the sting rays...and eat them?
 


Loggerhead turtle




These are one of MY favorites.  So cool.
 
Taking a snack break outside.

It's hooooooot.


Sigh.

Here we go.  Lincoln looks just like my dad and Auntie.


Ready to go

Playing with the faucet at Atlantic Beach

We decided to stop at the sea food shop on the way home.  I picked up grouper, salmon and shrimp.  Then we got thinking that might not be enough and we wanted scallops.  So we googled sea food shacks.  We found one on Google.  But could not find it on the street.  Come to find out, it was literally a shed in a parking lot.  It got amazing reviews.  So out I went.  The man helping me was two sheets to the wind, not joking.  He goes to one of his storage barns to get my scallops.  As he is weighing them, he drops them on the ground.  Like splatted on the asphalt, dropped on the ground.  He proceeds to calmly pick them up and hose them off, with a hose.  I'm imagining my sister wrinkling her nose and refusing to eat them (and quite frankly, I was grossed out too).  I tell him just kidding, I don't want them.  Oh you should have heard him a huffing and puffing.  Because now he had to bring them alllll the way back to the shed, unlock it and put them away.  I walked away.  My sister really wanted the scallops.  So she asks where they are...and I explain.  She shrugs her shoulders and says "Eh.  That doesn't bother me too much."  I stare at her baffled.  She says "Sean has really been working on me."  Argh.  So SHE goes back to get the scallops.  I go with, just in case he tries to hurt her.  He says "Y'all are from up North aren't you?  I can always tell."  We hung our heads in shame.

With all that being said our food was absolutely delicious.   And I've never cooked scallops before.  My sister was a little amazed.  AND?!   Adelyn and Joelle's favorite was the scallops.  Brecken's was the coconut shrimp.  Lincoln gobbled all the fish.

Lilo and I cuddled after the kids went to bed.  I keep telling Josh if she disappears, he can safely know she is home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment