Saturday, July 21, 2012

Camping Part 3::Poncho's Pond

Adelyn, Brecken, Joelle and I left on Monday to go camping for 5 days with my mom and my sister.  We went to Poncho's Pond in Ludington.  The campground was realllly nice.  The sites were all grass, we had a concrete patio, the bathrooms were awesome, two outdoor pools, one indoor pool, trash service, free internet and cable.  I guess that's what you get when you spend $50 a night.  Yikes.  We had a lot of fun.  Our site was right by the super awesome playground that I have zero pictures of.   The kids slept really well this time.  They woke up at 7 every day, with the exception of the last day when B decided waking at 4 would be great.  He came to sleep with me and then woke for good at 6.  Thanks little buddy.  Thanks.
 
 On the way up.  They hold hands now.  I have been trying forever to get a picture of them doing it.  LOVE.

The first day we went to the outdoor pool and had a blast.
 
 
This boy is a serious fish.  He floats, he doesn't sink.  I semi let go of him without the floaties on and he just stayed right on the top.

Loving the water.

Attempting to walk to Big Sable Lighthouse.  We didn't make it very far.


 During our rainy morning we went to the indoor pool.  Joelle decided that she would try swimming by herself and fell head first in the pool.  I pulled her out by her ankles and she, surprisingly, didn't start screaming.  I think it helped that I didn't (outwardly) freak out.  That girl..  
During the rainy day we went to the Ludington Children's Museum.  I highly recommend it.  A lady told us about it and said it was better than the GR one.  I wasn't going to hold my breath.  It actually was, though.  I think it was geared for a little bit younger aged kids (like mine).  The GR Museum is awesome for Adelyn's age but there isn't a ton for Brecken and Joelle to do.

Joelle milking the cow.  We didn't let Brecken do it because he wouldn't have used his hands...

Jojo checking out the ship

B and J driving the tractor

Watch out now!

She's pretty serious about her shopping.

So is Joelle.  Don't even think about taking her purse.  She's going to be the old lady who won't give up her purse but instead beats the robber with it.  Or makes monster noises in their face.  **Side note::that is not a recurrence of Hand Foot and Mouth by her lips. She thought that eating paint would be a good idea.

B eating the grapes.  I don't think he got the memo they were fake.

Water table

Nana and the twinkies

All three of her grandbabies :)

I thought it was pretty sweet that she blew a bubble with such a huge circle.  She was pretty elated too ;)
                         
Little B sitting by the fire.  All three maintain a safe distance from the fire and loudly proclaim "hot!" when they see it.  Those burgers cooking over the fire are, most definitely, the best burgers I have ever had. 

After our excellent burgers we went hiking at the State Park.
Adelyn sitting in a tree.  You wouldn't believe the things I had to say to get her to happily sit there.  She thought she was going to fall to her death.

We spotted some deer.   They let me get pretty close for a picture but the blasted shutter speed on my camera wouldn't cooperate entirely.  So my pictures are a little blurry.  Such is life when you don't know how to shoot in full manual mode.

Ludington CITY Beach.  We went to the State Park.  The biting flies were sooo bad that we had to leave.  They were horrendous.  The City Beach didn't have any because they don't have any beach grass.  Hooray!


Notice my death grip on B and J?!?!  Yeah.  They didn't want to stay by me for a picture.

Nana and Auntie and the kiddos.  The only way I could get Adelyn to smile was to tell her to shake her bunny tail.

All of us.  Actually a pretty good group picture :)

Thanks for coming with us Nana and Auntie!  We had so much fun :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment