Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just a day in my life..

Warning:  This is not exactly a happy day in my life..just an FYI.  I wanted to document all that has happened so far today because I want to remember it and hopefully, someday, Adelyn, Brecken and Joelle will look back and thank me for my hard work (and for not going insane).  Some days, I should actually say hours, I wish I could go to work.  Most days I would not trade my life for anything.  This morning started at 6am.  Not to unheard of but still, nobody likes to wake up at 6.  Brecken generally wakes up around 6:30 and comes to bed with me until he gets to fussy and then I feed him.  I have found if I try to put him back to sleep upstairs (just in the mornings otherwise she sleeps on through..) Joelle wakes up, every time.  I think it's because it's so close to when she wakes up that she is in a very light sleep.  I start feeding him around 6:30 and when he's done I play with him and cuddle with him for a little bit.  Adelyn and Joelle both woke up at 7..yippee.  I hate it when Adelyn gets up early in the morning (if she woke up at 7:30 every day I would be elated).  She's very needy, cartoons, milk, bathroom runs, clothes on, where's my toys, etc; not necessarily in that order.  I cleaned up 3 nasty poopie diapers before 9.  Adelyn was coloring with her markers and peed all over the chair (they are covered).   Brecken started crawling everywhere today.  I hadn't vacuumed so he was scavenging all kinds of things.  I go to put them down for their nap and Jojo wouldn't go to sleep (I had Mexican last night and I'm positive that had to deal with her horrible mood).  I tried twice and she woke up twice so I finally brought her downstairs and she fell asleep while cuddling with Adelyn and me.  Brecken and Joelle both woke up crying and crabby so I nursed them early.  I kept stepping in random piles of spit-up on the carpet (remember the Mexican?)..we wonder why our house smells bad..  We ate lunch early and then right after I made dinner (took me all of 10 minutes)  Right when I was finishing up with that Adelyn peed all over the bathroom and my bedroom floor.  Since I am no longer in sight and they are tired (I'm cleaning up pee, remember)  Brecken and Joelle are screaming.  I take Adelyn upstairs for her nap and tell her that I'm sorry but I can't read to her today..sad.  Alas, I had forgotten her blankies downstairs (because she had flipped out earlier when I brought Joelle down in her blanket, so Adelyn needed hers) so now I have to go parade in front of the screaming children again just to walk away.  I put Adelyn in bed and she freaks out because she doesn't have pants on.  Mind you I have been putting her down in just a shirt and a pull-up for about 2 weeks now..  She's finally all set in bed.  I get Brecken, because he's wailing the loudest, and put him down.  While upstairs I hear Joelle starting to really get upset.  I go downstairs to find her munching on a salsa sunchip.  Sigh.  She's asleep (and went down easily).
Mind you it's not all bad.  My days like these are, generally, interspersed with a couple giggles.  When I had put Joelle down for her first nap and I let her fuss upstairs for a little bit I was holding Adelyn and she was incredibly whiny.  After a little while I said "Hop down, please.  I have to go get Jojo."  She said "no."  I said "Jojo is very sad."  She yelled "I'm bery sad too!"  I laughed.  She then saw a fly go by and said "I get down, I get fly."  
At lunch time she laughed and said "Pepper teeth, Mommy."  You know you have lots of pepper in your teeth when your 2-year-old sees it.
She also leaned over and gave me a random hug and kiss.

A view of said nasty floor.  I swept yesterday morning..and this is what it looked like after lunchtime today.

Most parents can probably relate to this one..Eric refers to it as a toy tornado.  I say it looks like someone farted toys.

A trip to the blueberry patch (to buy not to pick), homemade strawberry ice-cream in the fridge (waiting to be churned), pork loin in the oven and my cousin bringing (fresh! organic!) eggs tonight should ensure a good remainder of my day.

Alas..Adelyn is currently wailing upstairs from her nap.  I also have no clue why the font is smaller in some parts..it looks the same when I edit it so I can't change it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment