Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother’s Day 2015

Mother's Day 2015.  We had a wonderful day.  We were having all our babies dedicated.  We invited both of our families to church and over for a small lunch and they all could come.  Eric and I were laughing, at the end of the day, about what a circus we are.  I had to pull Adelyn from Kids Zone so she could come up front with us.  She neglected to tell me she had to go to the bathroom.  A couple minutes before we go up front she tells me she has to pee.  When she has to pee, she has to PEE.  She always gets mad when we tell her no, too.  So she was frustrated with me.  We had told the kids, multiple times, that they were getting dedicated and what dedication was.  There were still multiple whispers of WHYYYYY.  Should have done it when they were babies ;)  It was good though.  It created great discussions.  Eric and I both start sniffing and realize Lincoln had poop in his drawers.  No time to change that.  We get up front and everyone miraculously behaved.  Except for Lincoln.  When he talks, he is LOUD.  He talked quite a bit, while we were up front.  In this first picture, I was holding him towards me and he tried to climb me.  So I turned him around.  He ALMOST pulled Makenna's hair (the little girl that's not ours).He had three strands in his hands before I realized what he was doing.  Sunshine's baby, Hudson, started talking to Lincoln.  So she switched spots with Makenna.  Hudson started touching Lincoln, so Lincoln started grabbing her back.  He can squeeze HARD so I was watching for that.  Then I noticed he had her hand in his mouth.  She's lucky he doesn't have any teeth.
020

He went on his first parent chaperoned date.  His next (parent chaperoned) date won't happen for another 20 years.  At least.  They were so sweet holding hands:)
023

This is my "Eeekkk you are going to hurt her face!"
024

A guy from our church grabbed some great close up shots of them with his phone.

The kids sang after the dedication.  Adelyn LOVES singing.  I had quite a few people tell me how beautiful she looked.  And she is.  Inside and out.
026

This?  This made my Mother's Day.  The last 5 days have been the busiest 5 days we have had in a loooooong time.  Brecken and Joelle skipped naps on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and they were up until 10:30 on Saturday.  I was reading B books on the couch and he just zonked off.
20150510_155134

My mom was sitting with Joelle on the floor and she just zonked off.  They had to go so she put her on the couch by me.  The last time I held them both, sleeping, they were literally half this size.  Half their weight and half their length.  Love.  {The exhaustion on my face is real.  I think my days were non-stop 18/19 hour days for the last 5 days}
20150510_161903


Mother's Day wouldn't be Mother's Day without a good picture of me and my babies.
034

This is how Brecken felt about it.  Their supper was all ready and we were watching a movie.  So we paused it and told them they could have supper after they smiled.  I had to tell Brecken I was going to eat his supper if he didn't shape up.  So we got the good one and the girls wanted to do one making their hands into hearts.  Brecken did not.
037

We watched Homeward Bound and Planes.  The kids loved Homeward Bound and Planes we have seen before.

I had Eric ask the kids these questions.  Apparently I am a skinny giant.  Eric told me they would never say such kind things about him.  I told him he was wrong.  We shall see come Father's Day:)

My Momma::Adelyn
My Mom's Name is: Nichole
She is 28 years old and  20 feet tall.
She is 50 pounds
She works at home
Her favorite food is gluten free pretzels
She always says I love you, Adelyn.
She laughs when I tickle her.
She loves to play games with me.
She doesn't like to have us be disobedient
When she gets all dressed up she goes to church
If she could go on a trip she would go to Mackinaw Island
She gets upset when we be's disobedient
She is happy when we give her cards
I love my mom because she loves me.

My Momma::Brecken
My Mom's Name is: Mommy
She is 8 years old
How tall is she?  Seventy actually.
She is 8 pounds
She works at school
Her favorite food is oatmeal
She always says I like you
She laughs when I say crazy things
She loves to play with me
She doesn't like to spank me
When she gets all dressed up she goes to church
If she could go on a trip she would go to Holland to see horsies with me. Not the girls, Just me and mama, and Lincoln.
She gets upset when I be naughty to the girls
She is happy when I do stuff for her
I love my mom because she is the most beautiful person in the whole wide world

My Momma::Joelle
My Mom's Name is: Mommy
She is 18 years old and  Eleven Eighteen  feet tall.
She is Sixteen Eleventeen  pounds
She works with daddy
Her favorite food is veggies
She always says I love you
She laughs when I laugh
She loves to play with me everyday
She doesn't like to be mad at us
When she gets all dressed up she goes to the stores
If she could go on a trip she would go with us and with our father.  {Joelle had taken to calling Eric Father.  She said to him, when he came home from work the other day, "Welcome home, Father!!"} We have no idea were she got it from.
She gets upset when we be mad at her
She is happy when we be happy
I love my mom because she loves me very very much

Eric's gift to me, for Mother's Day.  He says he never has to buy me one again.  He's probably right.


Some of Adelyn's gifts to me:

No comments:

Post a Comment