Saturday, March 8, 2014

Our Last Saturday..

..before we leave.  We knew we wanted to do something fun.  I was doing dishes in the kitchen, yesterday, and the kids were watching Dinosaur Train.  The commercial, at the end of the show, was for Frederick Meijer Gardens that the butterflies were out.  Then they played the same commercial again.  It was a sign.  We headed out at 8:15 and got routed off the highway in Hudsonville because they had an ammonia leak.  Yikes.  We got to Wolfgang (our favorite breakfast place.  EVER.) and got right in.  After a super yummy and filling breakfast we headed to FMG.  We knew it was going to cost us $34 for admission.  It was $75 for a membership.  So, you guessed it, we are now members of FMG too.  It just doesn't make sense for us not too at those prices.  And there outside stuff is amazing...if it ever gets warm.

Joelle inspecting a butterfly.                                                    A pretty green and brown one emerging.
006004























I've never seen a green one like this before..
007

You want to know what I had to say to get them to look at me?  Something's on my camera.  That's what I got.
013010























Playing in the statue garden room.  
014

B commandeered both of the cars.
016

018

028

We headed home for naps and then had to get outside on this super warm 30 degree day.  The roads are mostly clear so we busted out our bikes.  I thought we might have some regression with Joelle and pedaling but once we raised her seat and fixed her training wheels she did much better.  Her boots were also killing her form too.
IMG_20140308_163923

 So she was my buddy for a little while.  Towards the end of our walk I ended up having to even run a couple times.  Big momma isn't going to do so hot this summer...
IMG_20140308_163947

 Brecken glanced back at me and I hollered at Eric "What is on his face?!"  I thought it was some dirt.  Nope.  A big ole booger.  So we had to get a picture.
IMG_20140308_164615

 At bedtime tonight we had to do a family selfie.
IMG_20140308_200349 

Don't forget the crazy faces.  We decided we just have to ask B to do a crazy face to get him to smile nicely;)
IMG_20140308_200416


We had a great day...and are hoping everyone sleeps appropriately.  Stupid daylight savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment