Friday, September 9, 2011

Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park

We heard about this zoo from a friend.  It opened in July and it's awesome.  Smaller than John Ball but WAY better.  They have tons of animals I have never seen.  There is a huge bird cage where you can go and feed the birds and you can feed the goats.  They have an area where you can view things really close up and then they take you around on a huge wagon to view the larger animals.

Please note that while I am not terrified of birds I don't exactly love them.  When I went in they all came flying at me and I almost had a panic attack.  There were a ton of them.  This first picture doesn't justify my initial terror.

This picture, however, does..a little bit.

Eee...

Adelyn loved it but she didn't like it when all the birds came around her.


She could do one bird but if anymore came she would drop the stick..

If you look closely you can see the falling stick..and the falling bird ;)

 My pretty baby girl who was not feeling well but was a total trooper.

Handsome man was also a trooper, per usual.  Love his mohawk :)

They liked to bite your toes.  Not cool.

A zebra?!  In the petting zoo?!  I told you this park was cool.
 


Your normal goats..




These turtles are the same kind.  The little baby one is 8 weeks old
and this big boy is 80 something years old.  The difference in size is amazing.  The big one also offers rides..but Adelyn didn't like that idea. 

The start of our tour.  They took us on the feed cart (a gator) because we were the only ones there (it was during the day, school was in session).  All the animals came right up to the fence.
Apparently, according to Rick the reptile guy, this was Steve Irwin's most feared animal.  It has 4 inch talons on its feet and has crazy long porcupine-like needles on it's wings.  It's not a very nice bird.  I, personally, think it looks like a dinosaur..

Ostrich.  Such a huge bird.


Ostrich eggs that never hatch.  They clean out the insides and sell them in the gift shop.


  
Adelyn wanted to do the bird barn again.  We obliged.


Trooper babies.  Yes, Joelle is naked.  We didn't want her overheating. 


Makes me laugh :)


Cool bird.

Cute!

Rick, the reptile guy, with his friend the crocodile.  I wouldn't be jumping in there..but he did.


and then gave us a show buy feeding him some chicken!


Go ahead and laugh.  I won't tell.


Melts my heart.

So much fun that we want to go again this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment