Sunday, September 14, 2014

Camping::Community Group

Our Community Group went on a camping trip to Triponds for the weekend.  Triponds needs to be renamed Twoponds.  They turned one of the ponds into a pool.  Which I am ok with.  Now if it had been a little warmer we could have made use of one of these water activities.  Such is life.

Camping this weekend wasn't the warmest.  It was a high of 60.  Low of 40.  Hooray.  It drizzled off and on all of Friday and rained Friday night but then it was nice for Saturday and Sunday.

As we were getting ready to leave I caught Brecken twirling his hair in the van.  Eric HATES it when I twirl my hair.  So he saw Brecken doing it and was super excited ;)
IMG_20140912_113253


Chickens walking around.
IMG_20140912_144640

We had TWO birthday's to celebrate while we were camping.  Elliot turned two and Ben turned 5.
014

Sweet little boys.  They loved everyone singing to them!
018016






















Most of the group of kids.  Waiting oh so patiently for everyone to get a piece.
021


Little E enjoying his cake
026
024























I wanted to make it on the hayride with the kids.  I missed the first ride.  B, L and I went on the second.  This was as good of a picture as we could get with all the bouncing around.  Then J was SO upset that she didn't get to come with me, so I had to go again.  Then she fell asleep on the ride.
IMG_20140913_194707


All the kids.   Solomon looks thrilled.  And Jack may or may not be thrilled.  Some strong sets of parents taking this many kids camping.  In September.
032

My camera died between the kid pictures and the group picture.  So we had someone use Nate's phone to take this.  Nate sent it to me later saying apparently his brief tutorial on how to get it to focus was too brief.  No joke.  The more I look at it, the more it looks like the man focused on the picnic table.  Oh well.  I was not wearing my best the entire weekend.  Because I forgot all of my pants.  Go me.


Had to get a picture of Lincoln's little bed.  Cutie patootie.  We dressed him in two pairs of pajamas and had a heater going in the trailer and he never felt cold once.
IMG_20140914_134434


Amidst,  the Hemmes' tent flooding, Nate's shoes turning into a swimming pool, my Keurig melting and numerous mild tantrums from everyone's children we had an excellent time.

No comments:

Post a Comment