Saturday, July 18, 2015

Lincoln's 1st Birthday Party

Lincoln's birthday dawned sunny.  With a chance of storms.  We planned this summer baby so we could have big outside parties.  No storms allowed.  ;)  It ended up turning out ok.  The kids were able to play outside for a while and then you could hear the thunder rumbling while we were finishing up dinner.  We had our wood dining table outside so we quick picked everything up.  The kids had dessert on the floor and Lincoln smashed his cake at the table.

The theme for this one was easy.  We love camping.

We did trail mix for treat bags.  Camp Lincoln's cake and gummi fishing poles.

It was precisely 95 degrees outside (ok...maybe I'm off by a degree or two).  Hence B's wet hair.  We had the sprinkler going under the trampoline.
 




Tackle box and bear poop.  This was a really healthy party.

Celebrating Lincoln chalkboard.  He is actually 22lbs.  My scale measured him a little heavy.


Pie plate "plates," taco in a bag for the main course and cheese curls (campfire flames).

The berry patch, the stick collection and bug juice.

A collage of professional pictures.

Who takes pictures while people are praying?  Me.  Real moments, y'all.

Looks can be deceiving.  I'm quite certain Jack wasn't plugging his ears while Mr. Eric was praying.  Then again, maybe he was.

Pretty little ladies.  And one cute little boy.

The Man Table.

Let it be known.  This was the easiest cake and the easiest party I have ever done.  I texted my sister a picture of the cake, the night before the party, and she told me I was an over achiever.  "In a good way."  :)  Literally though.  Easiest cake ever.

While we were singing.

 And here are 27 "Baby eating cake pictures" for your enjoyment.
 


 


 




Everyone else had dirt sundaes on the floor.


Opening gifts!  An adorable sweater from Auntie.



I love this sweet boy.  And I can not believe he is one.



No comments:

Post a Comment