Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Released!

We had Joelle's urologist appointment today.  Her ultrasound went great and then the doctor came in.  She gave us a couple options.  We are going with unofficially officially released.  A little background.  Her initial urologist was amazing.  He was very old school.  Wasn't against us not prophylacticing.  He actually encouraged it.  Then he retired.  We saw her new doctor.  She mentioned surgery right away.  I went all "I don't like you."  We saw the PA next time.  It was love at first visit.  So we have seen her ever since.  To be officially released from their care you need to have another VCUG.  Which, for an older kid, is NOT fun.  They have to be put under.  But only semi put under.  They still have to be conscious enough to go pee.  It's very traumatic and not something I want to sign my child up for unless if absolutely medically necessary.  The PA was OK with me saying no thanks but said if she gets a UTI then we have to do it.  Since we haven't gotten the all clear (because we didn't do the VCUG) we still have to take her in, if she gets any symptoms.  But we have a standing order and specimen cups from the lab.  It's as simple as me getting her to pee in a cup at home and bringing it in.  I much prefer that method.

We went to Starbucks to celebrate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment